Monday, August 04, 2003 AD Questionnaire 1. What color are your kitchen plates? Corelle "Meadow" -- discontinued pattern that I bought from an estate sale. I got the eight place settings of Correlle (two sizes of plates, cups and saucers, and bowls), a little corner cabinet, a vacuum and a lamp about 10 years ago for fifteen bucks, as I recall.
2. What book are you reading now? I tidied up my bedroom last week and picked up about 40 stray books from the bed, the floor and the furniture on either side of the bed. Some were of the devotional sort (Bibles, prayerbook, hymnals), some were of the reference sort (dictionary, concordance, etc.), some were books I'd actually finished (see list at left) and most were books in some state of incomplete readness (see list at left, plus probably a dozen others). I do have a wee bit of a bad habit of starting more than I finish!
3. What's on your mouse pad? A jug of water. Oh! You meant what's printed on it! It's the freebie that came with my Dell. I use a Wacom tablet, so the pad is generally unused unless some other poor soul has need to use my 'puter and can't handle the stylus and tablet.
4. Favorite board game? Scrabble.
5. Favorite magazine? I'm not much of a magazine person. I get three -- Gilbert! is the gift of a friend who likes to ply my with Catholic propaganda. Since it's Chesterton, I at least read a bit more of it than her last attempt, Magnificat, which I seldom even opened; C/A, which I usually read a bit of each issue; and ETC, which I usually read a bit more of because it's shorter and not so prone to make me sad.
6. Favorite smell? I'm not a very olfactory person, so I don't know as I could identify my very favorite smell, but I am rather fond of ones that portend a good meal. Hershey, Pa., is the most dangerous-smelling place I've ever been. I swear you can gain weight just driving through the place!
7. Least favorite smell? Why is it that potatoes rot so quickly? I had to throw out a bag this weekend that I'd bought last weekend and had already begun to liquefy...ugh!
8. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning? Lately it's been picking up the phone, as my friend Arlette and I have been praying together every morning over the phone.
9. Favorite color? Oh...I can never pick just one!
10. Least favorite color? The color of rotted potato slime on my kitchen counter.
11. How many rings before you answer the phone? I usually get Arlette's morning calls on the first ring. Other calls depend on how close I am and whether or not I'm screening.
12. Future children's names? Sigh...I've been making lists of these at least since I was 10, but it's looking less and less likely that I'll ever get to use any.
13. What is most important in life? Glorifying God and enjoying Him forever.
14. Chocolate or vanilla? What's vanilla?
15. Do you like to drive fast? *evil grin*
16. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal? Well, the stuffed animal sometimes sleeps with me. And when she does, I prefer that she stay stuffed rather than disgorging her stuffing all over furniture, bedclothes and hundred-year-old books.
17. Do you like thunderstorms? As long as I'm not out driving in them. And as long as the electricity doesn't go off. And as long as the rain isn't coming through the windows so that I have to shut them and end up stifling.
18. What type was your first car? 1990 Silver Ford Festiva named Aggie. Met her demise when bucked by a Bronco.
19. If you could meet one person dead or alive? Alive...definitely alive.
20. What is your sign and your birthday? My birthday is August 29 (just 22 more shopping days!). I usually get all pious and say my sign is the cross, but my Zodiac sign is accurate. ;-)
21. If you could have any job what would it be? I still have wild dreams of being a housewife, but I'm woefully unqualified for the position. In the meantime, I like the work that I do (communicaitons -- writing, editing, Web mastering, and Web and print designing), I'd just rather be doing it for somebody else.
22. If you could have any color hair, what would it be? I'm actually rather content with my hair color -- dark brunette. We'll see what I think of it when there's more grey than the few strands I now sport.
23. Have you ever been in love? Only unrequitedly...and rather stupidly, I might add.
24. Is the glass half full or half empty? The glass is half full...of toxic waste.
26. Do you type with your fingers on the right keys? And the left keys, too.
27. What is under your bed? It's actually pretty clean under there right now, due to last week's tidying up. Usually there's dust, clutter and an occasional feline.
28. What is your favorite number? I can't imagine needing a favorite number, so I've never bothered to have one.
29. Favorite sports? I don't follow hockey.
30. What is your single biggest fear? That I've just been kidding myself and I'm not regenerate.
31. Say one nice thing about the person who sent this to you. Nobody sent it...I stole it from Carmon F. I trust she'll be nice enough not to press charges. ;-)
32. Person most likely to respond. Some commenter who has too much time on his hands.
33. Person you sent this to who is less likely to respond. Most of my commenters probably make better use of their time than I do.
34. Favorite music group or singer? At the moment I guess Fernando Ortega.
35. Favorite TV show? I like the occasional episode of "This Old House" or "The Antiques Road Show." Right now I'm watching taped episodes of "All Creatures Great and Small."
36. Ketchup or mustard? Both.
37. Hamburgers or hot dogs? Either.
38. Favorite soft drinks? Dr. Pepper, Diet Dr. Pepper.
39. The best place you have ever been? Yellowstone's pretty nice.
40. What wallpaper is on your computer right now? [Pause while I change it so I don't have to say "The XP default that I never got around to changing."] A pattern of pink and white roses that I concocted a few years ago. At work I have a rather stunning APOD from a few months ago that I'm too lazy to hunt down again right now.
41. What is your favorite fast food place? Taco Bell.
42. Siblings and their ages? Two brothers -- 43 and 38.
43. What did you do last night? Went to a prayer meeting, probably watched a bit of ACGAS, went to bed around 10:30.